How to Clear Your Browser Cache
The cache is a tool used by your browser to speed up the loading of sites or site pages. It’s a folder on your hard drive that keeps a copy of frequently accessed web page elements. Since it is quicker to load elements from your hard drive than from a remote server, it generally speeds things up. However, sites change and develop over time. What was once freshly cached information can become out-of-date and actually slow or corrupt the loading of pages or sites. To keep that from happening, and aggravating your internet experience, you need to empty your cache periodically.
Select your device:
IE 8 and higher
Mobile Safari for IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Select History
- Select Clear browsing data
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete
- Select beginning of time to delete everything
- Click Clear browsing data
- From the Tools or Safety menu, select Delete browsing history
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select:
- Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies or Cookies and website data
- Click Delete.
- From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History
- If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your
entire cache, select Everything
- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear
Click Clear Now.
- From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari
- From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache
- From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari
- Toward the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap Clear History and Website Data, or Clear cookies and data, or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. Confirm when prompted
To clear history:
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon
- In the lower left, tap Clear.
- Tap Clear History.